Popular Posts

Friday 4 March 2011

Premier League (Wk 29)

Biggest game of the week is Man U away to the Scousers. King Kenny has helped get Liverpool back up the table, but I watched them against the Hammers last week and I thought it was much the same shit they'd been playing under Hodgson. I think United are capable of sneaking a win but I'll be happy with a point (in the hope that the Gunners don't take all 3 against Sunderland).

Bet of the day, for me, is Wolves at home to Spurs - 2 to 1. Mick's men are on a decent run of form, whilst Spurs last outing was a 3-1 defeat away to Blackpool. No Bale, no Van der Vaart... no chance?? The bookies, in the continued absence of Charlie Adam, have Blackpool at 9 to 1 at home Chelsea. It's the sort of bet that makes you think, "I want to put something on it, but I know I'll fucking regret it."

PREM PREDOS

Birmingham 2 WBA 0
Gunners 3 Sunderland 1
Bolton 1 Villa 1
Fulham 2 Blackburn 0
Toon 2 Everton 1
Hammers 2 Stoke 0
City 3 Wigan 0
Pool 1 United 2
Wolves 2 Spurs 1
Blackpool 1 Chelsea 1
Everton 2 Birmingham 1

The missus still mocks me for my dedication to Fantasy Football, but do I care, do I fuck! I can't make the pilgrimage to a good old fashioned bookies over here, the credit card company decided a long time ago that it wasn't a good idea I used their money to gamble online with, so it's all I have left to enhance my enjoyment/infuriation of the best league in the world. This weekend I've put Baines in as cap. The Toffees have two matches this gameweek and Baines is well overdue a prem goal (last one was in December).

And to finish. Just been reading the extract of Cantona's interview regarding the Selhusrt Park kick of '95. He said he did it for "the people." I don't often heap praise on the French, but... LEGEND!

No comments: