Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Premier League Darts (Wk 7)

Webster v Whitlock. Both players are struggling to find consistent form, and both had almost identical averages, 96 odd, last week. With the bottom 4 players all on 4 points, this is a good chance for one these two to make a move. Tight one to call but I fancy Whitlock to take it 8-6.

Lewis v Jenkins. Lovely stuff from Jackpot last week in Glasgow - 8 legs on the bounce against Anderson, although the averages suggest it was a tighter affair. Even though the Bull lost to Wade last week, he showed that he's still up for a fight. For me, Lewis can be his own worst enemy against a player like Jenkins. The bookies have Jackpot at 1/3, but I think it'll be tighter than that, 8-5 Lewis.

Barney v Anderson. This one should be a belter and you'd expect more than the fare share of maximums. Barney's been comfortable in his last two outings; Anderson took a beating on home turf last week - momentum's with the Dutchman, 8-6.

Taylor v Wade. Didn't see any of it, but I read that the Power put in a pretty decent shift last weekend in Holland, posting a world record average, 113.6, in a televised PDC final. Wade won his second match in 6 last week against Jenkins but he ain't got the ammo to pull off a shock, 8-2 Taylor.

For those who believe in tempting fate... I haven't predo'd a draw this week. My fascination with the draw stems from the opening week of the 2007 league. As usual, I decided to have a bit of a punt, and just to make things interesting I put Taylor v Scholten in for a draw on my yankee... paid almost 300 quid! They don't come round too often, so enjoy them when you can.

No comments: