Popular Posts

Saturday 28 May 2011

Vamos, United!



The day has finally arrived. After a belting finale to the Premier League last weekend, we now have a monumental clash in the CL between Manchester United and Barcelona. I won't lie to you. I'm nervous.

Ecuador's a funny place to watch a game like this. On the one hand, you've got the traditional ties with Spain, and therefore a base of fans who'll be strongly behind the Catalans. On the other hand, you've got Antonio Valencia whom the locals are very proud of.

I've been waiting for this all week, and I'll be heading out to watch it with my Gooner mate, Sean (who'll spend the entire day reminding me about the 2-1 victory at the Emirates). The venue has been selected, the lucky boxer shorts (that really heavy skid mark never did completely come out) are prepared, and the missus has given me GBH of the earhole about not coming back steamers. We're good to go.

There's only one thing left to say,

VAMOS, UNITED!

No comments: